It’s amazing how much better my workouts go when I get enough sleep and am awake when I start.  P90X Back & Biceps, followed by P90X Abs/Core Plus was the foundation for today.  Pre-Beast training that would have been the end of it, but nooooooooooot today.  I took a very short water break and busted out 55 Jeffees.  That’s right….I own them now, so I will no longer refer to them as burpees.   I really wanted to keep the workout going for another hour or so, but my wife is waiting on me to make a trip to the other side of the state for her sister’s party.  I had to figure out something intense that could be completed quickly.  I had a conversation with my Facebook friend, Tara, and she had me thinking more about the need to get some hill sprints under my belt.  First, though I had to workout with my gnarly log.  I walked out back and the mugginess hit me.  This was not going to be fun.  I picked up the log and started jogging up the hill for a tenth of a mile.  I made it about half-way before my breath was gone and had to slow to a quick walk.  After what seemed like 5 minutes I made it to the top of the hill and threw the log down.  I picked it up and threw it 10 more times.  I picked it up over my head and started walking back down the hill.  That sounds easy, but it really wasn’t.  My shoulders were screaming when I finally made it back.  Another quick drink of water and I sprinted back up the hill and then walked back down again.  The last sprint was brutal.  I went way down the hill to the back of my property and started the sprint from there.  That added almost another tenth of a mile and several degrees of steepness.  I don’t have my camera with me, but I’ll post a picture later.  By the time I made it to the top of the hill, I was once again questioning my senses in signing up for the Beast.  I had that really uneasy feeling that I was going to suffocate and imagined what it would be like to suffocate on a mountain side with people watching me.  As my breath returned on the walk back and my heart beat slowed back to the 150s, I started feeling better.  I really wanted to keep going, but I was out of time.  A cool down and stretch finished the workout and then I gulped down the yummy P90X recovery drink (which I sell by the way). I believe in full disclosure. I’m now  drained, but will probably live the rest of the day on an endorphin high.