After 8 weeks of physical therapy, 8 weeks of no shoulder exercises whatsoever, countless minutes of frozen peas and corn on my shoulder, and 1 cortisone injection, my rotator cuff issue has not been resolved.  Next step is an MRI to see if there is another problem besides inflammation.  My guess is that there is.  The MRI is scheduled for next Wed and the follow-up with my sports medicine physician is the following Monday.  All I can do is wait.  Wait to see what the short-term future holds for my obstacle course racing career.  Wait to see if shoulder surgery is in my future.  Wait to see if my 2012 racing season is over before it even begins.  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Patience is a virtue, right?  I just want to fast forward my life until Monday, Dec 19 so that I will know my fate…whether good or bad.  In my head, I know that is a fruitless wish and if it were even possible I would forfeit many precious moments with my wife, daughter, family, and friends.  Nonetheless, I wait.