Plans are underway for the 3rd annual OCR Orphan Adventure Mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico. Sponsored by Back2Back Ministries, this trip combines obstacle racing, camaraderie, and a life-changing experience with severely disadvantaged children and youth.
2018 Trip Information
Coordinators: Jeff Cain and Jason Throndsen
Dates: January 13-19, 2018
Cost: $695 + airfare (book on your own)
Deposit: $100 due by July 1, 2017; Remainder due by October 31, 2017
Precise travel plans will be provided to those who indicate interest in joining us by completing this form. Either Jason or I will be in touch with you quickly. You can also email Jason or me if you have general questions.
Each year has been slightly different, but generally here is what you can expect.
- Sleep in dorm-style rooms inside secure confines of the Back2Back campus
- Plenty of time before breakfast to train/run
- Breakfast: self-prepared in the common kitchen dining area
- Brief educational sessions every morning about caring for children who have experienced trauma
- 30 minute ‘quiet/reflective’ time every morning
- 30 minute bible study/sharing session every morning
- ~4 hours working on projects at the nearby children’s home (painting, light construction, etc.)
- Serving children lunch every day
- Dinners vary, but are with the children from the orphanage or the youth from the Monterrey Hope Program
- 2 or 3 adventure outings with the kids/youth (mountain climbing, bicycle park, etc.)
- Creating an obstacle course and directing a race for the orphans
- Daily debriefings
- Evening workout challenges with youth from the Hope Program
- The only money you will spend in Mexico will be during travel to/from and souvenirs
If you’re still on the fence about whether to go, watch the video below from OCRTube.com and talk to Jason or me. We’ll talk you into it!
Note: There are plans for a similar trip to India in early 2018. Chris Schapman is organizing it. Information will be added here when it comes available.