Plans are underway for the 4th annual OCR Orphan Adventure Mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico. Sponsored by Back2Back Ministries, this trip combines obstacle racing, camaraderie, and a life-changing experience with severely disadvantaged children and youth.
2019 Trip Information
Team Leader: Jeff Cain
Dates: January 19-25, 2019
Cost: $750 + airfare (book on your own, but contact me first)
Commitment: Signed trip agreement and $250 deposit due by August 31, 2018; Remainder due by October 31, 2018
Precise travel plans will be provided to those who indicate interest in joining us by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year has been slightly different, but generally here is what you can expect.
- Sleep in dorm-style rooms inside secure confines of the Back2Back campus
- Plenty of time before breakfast to train/run
- Breakfast: self-prepared in the common kitchen dining area
- Brief educational sessions every morning about caring for children who have experienced trauma
- 30 minute ‘quiet/reflective’ time every morning
- 30 minute bible study/sharing session every morning
- ~4 hours working on projects at the nearby children’s home (painting, light construction, etc.)
- Serving children lunch every day
- Dinners vary, but are with the children from the orphanage or the youth from the Monterrey Hope Program
- 2 or 3 adventure outings with the kids/youth (mountain climbing, bicycle park, etc.)
- Creating an obstacle course and directing a race for the orphans
- Daily debriefings
- Evening workout challenges with youth from the Hope Program
- The only money you will spend in Mexico will be during travel to/from and souvenirs
- Opportunity to meet some outstanding people who have dedicated their lives to helping others
- Change. Expect to change. There is no way to spend a week there with those kids and not come back a better person.
If you’re still on the fence about whether to go, watch the video below from OCRTube.com and ask me about the trip. I will talk you into it!